Lesson43:At the party在聚会中
631. I’m really having a good time.
我真是玩得很开心。
632. It’s too crowded to push my way through to the kitchen.
人太多了,很难挤到厨房那边去。
633. Do you know anybody at this party?
在这聚会上,你认识什么人吗?
634. I’m going to have some fun while I’m here.
我会在这儿玩得开心的。
635. Why don’t we stay for about half an hour to see if anyone else arrives?
我们为什么不呆半个小时,看看有没有别的人来?
636. I think we’re out of beer.
我想我们没有啤酒了。
637. Did anyone invite that guy?
有谁邀请那个人了吗?
638. These parties are always so popular.
这些聚会总是很受欢迎。
639. There are too many older students here tonight.
今晚这里有太多年纪大的学生了。
640. Should I go talk to that girl over there?
我应该过去和那个女孩说话吗?
641. Can you tell me where the bathroom is?
你能告诉我洗手间在哪吗?
642. I think some people are leaving to go to another party.
我想有些人在离开去参加另一个聚会了。
643. You should slow down with the drinking.
你应该慢点喝。
644. I’m tired, so I’m going home.
我累了,所以我要回家了。
645. It’s always the same faces at these parties.
这些聚会上,总是些老面孔。
【生词解读】
1. crowded adj. 拥挤的;挤满人群的
2. push v. 推;推动;推进
3. bathroom n. 浴室
Lesson52:At the office在办公室
766. Please have a seat.
请坐。
767. How do you feel about working on weekends?
你觉得周末上班怎么样?
768. The yacht market is slow this time of the year.
一年中的这个时候,游艇市场很低靡。
769. You haven’t made a single sale in the past 3 weeks.
过去的三个星期里,你一笔销售业务也没有做成。
770. I’ll try to help you make a dent in some of that work.
我会尽量帮你着手其中的一些工作。
771. How does this fax machine work?
这传真机效果如何?
772. Is the repairman coming to fix the photocopier?
修理人员来修复印机了吗?
773. I’m going on a break to get some coffee.
我要休息一下,去喝点咖啡。
774. These accounts need to be paid immediately .
这些账单要马上付。
775. I heard there’re going to lay off some people this quarter.
我听说这个季度要裁一些人。
776. Sales have gone way up this month.
这个月销售上升很快。
777. I left the papers on my desk.
我把文件放在桌子上了。
778. We need to cut costs somewhere in this office.
我们办公室必须削减开支了。
779. Has the outgoing mail left for the day?
要寄出的邮件今天寄出了吗?
780. Can someone answer that phone?
有谁能去接一下电话吗?
【生词解读】
1. yacht n. 快艇;游艇
2. fax machine 传真机
3. repairman n. 修理工
4. immediately adv. 立即;即刻;马上
5. outgoing n. 外出;流出;支出
Lesson54:At the airport在机场
Thank you for flying with Skyway Airlines.
感谢您乘坐航路航空公司的航班。
May I see your ticket, please?
能看看您的机票吗?
798. My shoulder bag is carry-on luggage.
我的挎包是随身行李。
799. Boarding will begin in about 30 minutes.
大约三十分钟后登机。
800. When does your flight land?
你的航班什么时候着陆?
801. What terminal am I leaving from?
我最后从哪个出口出来?
802. The security check is going to take a while.
安全检查要花一点时间。
803. I hope the X-ray machine doesn’t damage my film.
我希望X光机不会损坏我的胶卷。
804. Don’t even joke about having a bomb or a gun.
甚至不要开玩笑地说你身上有炸弹或枪。
805. This is going to be a long flight.
这将是一次长途飞行。
806. The arrival time has been delayed due to bad weather.
由于天气不好,到达时间延误了。
807. That bag is too heavy to be carry-on luggage.
那个包太重了,不能当作随身行李。
808. Where is the baggage claim area?
在哪领行李?
809. This is your boarding pass.
这是你的登机证。
810. May I see your passport?
我能看看您的护照吗?
【生词解读】
1. skyway n. 航线; 航路
2. ticket n. 票;券;车票;入场券
3. damage v. 损害;损失
4. delay v. 延缓;使延期;耽搁;延误
5. boarding pass 登机证
Lesson44:At the cinema在电影院里
646. I guess this is a really popular movie.
我猜想这是一部很受欢迎的电影。
647. Are there any movies you want to see in case this one is sold out?
万一这部电影没票了,你还想看别的吗?
648. We’ve got a few minutes before the start of the movie.
离电影开始还有几分钟。
649. That movie was too scary .
那部电影太吓人了。
650. There’s one out now about a talking horse.
现在有一部关于一匹会说话的马的电影在公映。
651. I think my seat is near the aisle.
我想我的座位是靠近过道的。
652. This theater is packed tonight.
这个电影院今晚挤满了人。
653. The film is sold out for tonight.
这场电影今晚没票了。
654. What time does the show start?
演出什么时候开始?
655. Let’s go find our seats.
我们去找座位吧。
656. The plot wasn’t very realistic.
情节不大现实。
657. The director seemed to rely mostly on special effects.
看起来导演好像大部分依赖特技效果。
658. This movie is based on a true story.
这部电影是根据真实故事改编的。
659. I think this scene was filmed in my hometown.
我想这个场景是在我的家乡拍摄的。
660. Can you believe how much a bag of popcorn costs at this theater?
你简直不敢相信在这家电影院一袋爆米花要多少钱。
【生词解读】
1. scary adj. 引起惊慌的
2. aisle n. (戏院,列车,教堂等座席间的)通道;走道
3. theater n. 剧场;电影院
4. plot n. (小说,戏剧等的)情节
5. realistic adj. 现实的;注重实际的;实际可行的
6. popcorn n. 爆玉米花