查看文章
 
动词成语(补)
2008年02月29日 星期五 4:46 P.M.

A treasurer must account for the money he spends.财务主管必须说明钱是怎么花的。
We must allow for the train being late.
我们必须把火车晚点考虑进去。
The situation allows of no delay.
形势不容许延误。
Seven candidates applied for the position.
7个人申请这个职位。
I quite approve of the idea.
我完全赞成这样想法。
What decision did you finally arrive at?
最后你作出了什么决定?
They all asked after you.
他们都问你好。
They ask for more pay and shorter hours.
他们要求增加工资减少工时。
He often asked her out in the evenings.
他常常在晚上邀请她出去。
He agreed to help but backed out when he found how difficult it was.
他同意帮忙,但当他发现这事多么困难时就打退堂鼓了。
I’ve got to back him up.
我得支持他。
I’m against doing anything (for doing nothing ) till the police arrive.
在警察到来之前我不赞成做任何事(我主张不做任何事)。
After his illness, the Minister was no longer up to doing the work.
生病之后部长已不能干这工作。
The boys are very quiet. I wonder what they are up to.
孩子们都非常安静,我纳闷他们想干什么(调皮的事)。  
It is up to the government to take action on violence.
该由政府采取行动来应对暴力。
I'll begin by telling you an anecdote.
我先给你们讲一件有意思的事。
The concert began with the National Anthem.
音乐会以演奏国歌开始。
The wind blew out the candle.
风把蜡烛吹灭了。
They blew up the bridge so that the enemy couldn't follow them.
他们炸毁了桥梁,让敌人无法追赶。
After a lot of argument I brought him round to my point of view.
经过长时间的辩论,我使他转而同意我的观点。
She fainted, but a little brandy soon brought her round.
她昏死过去,但喝了一点白兰地后她苏醒了过来。
She brought up her children to truthful.
她培养孩子说真话。
Why did you bring up that question?
你为什么提出那个问题?
That teacher didn't really care about his students.
那位老师并不真正关心他的学生。
He doesn't care for films about war.
他不喜欢战争片。
The mother cared for the sick child day and night.
母亲日夜照顾生病的孩子。
The poet compared her teeth to pearls.
诗人把她的牙齿比作珍珠。
He cannot compare with Shakespeare.
他不能和莎士比亚相比。
Nothing can compensate for the loss of one's health.
丧失了健康什么都不能弥补。
We must comply with the rules.
我们必须遵守规定。
All students must conform to the rules.
所以学生都要遵守规定。
Carbon dioxide consists of carbon and oxygen.
二氧化碳中含有碳和氧。
Goodness consists in being honest.
善良也包含诚实。
If you cut down all the trees you will ruin the land.
如果你把所有的树都砍掉,这片地就毁了。
We must cut down expenses.
我们必须削减开支。
Could you cut the article down to 2000 words?
你能把文章压缩到2000字吗?
They have cut off our electricity supply.
他们切断了我们的电源。
The village was cut off by the snow for more than a month.
大雪把村子和外界隔绝了一个多月。
Let's cut out the unimportant details.
咱们把不重要的细节删掉。
The boy is cut out for an artist.
这男孩天生适合当画家。
He always cuts up his food before he eats it.
他总是把食物切碎后再吃。
The merchant deals in silk goods.
这个商人经营丝织品。
He deals fairly with all people.
他对待所有的人都很公平。
The town depends on the tourist trade.
这座城市依靠旅游业。
On one point I differ from/with you.
有一点我和你看法不同。
What did you do with the camera you found?
你把你找到的相机怎么样了?
During the war we had to do without luxuries.
战时我们只好不用奢侈品。
If there isn't any milk we'll have to do without.
如果没有牛奶我们只好不喝了。
Everyone drew back in alarm.
大家都惊慌后退。
Winter is drawing on.
冬天正在临近。
I drew out a hundred pounds last week.
上星期我取出100英镑。
We must draw up a contract.
我们必须草拟一份合同。
He often dropped in for coffee.
他常常到我家喝咖啡。
I dropped in at the club on my way home.
回家路上我到俱乐部去看了看。
Sales have been dropping off badly.
销售量一直急剧下降。
I dropped him off at the post office.
我在邮局门口让他下了车。
If you don't like the idea, drop out.
如果你不赞成这个想法可以退出。
Twelve thousand competitors have entered for the next London Marathon.12000
名选手报名参加下一届的伦敦马拉松赛。
He engaged in a serious study of the problem.
他从事对这一问题的认真研究。
Excuse me for coming back.
原谅我又来了。
Will you excuse me from the meeting?
你能否允许我不参加这次会议?
As fresh milk wasn't available, we had to fall back on dried milk.
由于买不到鲜奶,我们只好还用奶粉。
He didn't want to fall behind in his studies.
他不希望学习落后。
The old lady fell down in the street and broke her leg.
老太太在街上摔倒,把腿摔折了。
Dick fell for baseball when he was a boy.
迪克从小就爱上了棒球。
He fell in with my view at once.
他立即同意了我的意见。
The measure falls in with popular demand.
这个措施符合公众的要求。
His story falls into five parts.
他的故事分5部分。
Their enthusiasm seems to be falling off a bit.
他们的热情似乎减弱了一点。
The responsibility fell on/upon me.
责任落在了我身上。
Jane and I have fallen out again.
我和简又争吵了。
The scheme fell through.
计划失败了。
Jennie fell to her task in silence.
珍妮静静地开始干她的活儿。
The chore fell to him.
这项家务活落到了他头上。
I feel like going to bed. I'm tired.
我想去睡觉。我累了。
In the end I found out what was wrong with my hi-fi.
最后我弄清了我的音响出了什么毛病。
Mary was angry with Jane found out her secrets.
当简发现了玛丽的秘密,玛丽非常生气。
The theater filled up rapidly.
戏院很快坐满了人。
Fill up the glass.
把杯子斟满。
I had to fill in 3 forms to get my new passport.
领取新护照我得填三张表。
He has grown into a fine young man.
他已经长成了个帅小伙儿。
Arguments often grow out of misunderstanding.
争吵常常由误会引起。
I grew up on a farm.
我在一家农场长大。
This legend has been handed down from father to son.
这个传说是一代一代传下来的。
I handed in my resignation.
我递交了辞呈。
He was standing at the door of the theater handing out leaflets.
他站在剧场门口散发宣传单。
The outgoing Minister handed over his department to his successor.
离职的部长把他的部门移交给继任者。
The hostess handed round coffee and cakes.
女主人把咖啡和蛋糕递给客人们。
Hang on! I'll call him.
别挂(电话)!我去叫他。
It's hard work but if you hang on you'll succeed in the end.
这是艰苦的工作。如果你能坚持,最后会成功的。
I hope we shall all hang together in this emergency.
在这紧急关头我希望我们团结在一起。
Tom helps out in the store after school.
放学后汤姆在店里帮忙。
She'll help you with the chores.
她会帮你干家务活。
When danger came, no one held back.
危险到来时没有人退缩不前。
Do not hold back the truth.
不要隐瞒事实真相。
They know very well how to hold down the public.
他们很清楚如何控制民众。
Wu must try to hold prices down.
我们必须抑制物价。
I hope that the rain holds off a few hours more.
我希望雨延迟几小时再下。
Hold on, everything will be all right.
坚持住,一切都会好的。
Hold on a minute. Mrs. Green will speak to you.
请等一下(别挂),格林夫人要和你讲话。
She held out her hand in welcome.
她伸出手来欢迎。
I still hold to my former views.
我仍坚持过去的看法。
We cannot be defeated while we hold together.
只要我们团结就不会被打败。
Hold up your right hand.
举起右手。
The traffic was held up by an accident.
车祸造成交通拥堵。
She insisted on writing at once.
她坚持要马上写信。
I happened to know about him.
我碰巧了解他的情况。
I know of a hotel which might suit you.
我知道有一家旅馆可能适合你。
We're going to knock down those old buildings soon.
不久我们将把这些旧楼拆掉。
A bus knocked the child down.
一辆公共汽车把小孩撞倒了。
What time do you knock off?
你什么时候下班?
Who knocked that bottle over?
谁把瓶子打翻了?
The incident led to his resignation.
这一事件导致他辞职。
She leans on her husband for advice.
她依靠丈夫出主意。
I've left my coat behind in the bus.
我把大衣落在公共汽车上了。
We leave for Madrid by the next plane.
我们坐下一班飞机去马德里。
She left out an important detail in her account.
她的叙述漏掉了一个重要细节。
When in doubt, leave out.
没有把握时就删掉。
Some disputes among these countries are left over by history.
这些国家之间的某些纠纷是历史遗留下来的。
We mustn't leave it to chance.
我们不能去碰运气。
I'll let you off if you promise never to do it again.
如果你答应不再这样做,我就放过你。
Someone has let the news out.
有人走漏了消息。
She lives by sewing.
她靠缝纫为生。
She still lives off her parents.
她仍然靠父母生活。
These people live on meat and milk.
这些人靠肉和牛奶生活。
They lived through the long famine.
他们度过了长期的饥荒。
She tries to live up to her ideals.
她设法按她的理想生活。
He longed for friendship.
他渴望友谊。
She majors in psychology.
她主修心理学。
How much did you pay for the book?
你花了多少钱买书?
You'll have to pay for your crime.
你将不得不为你的罪行付出代价。
Please pay up all you owe.
请把你的欠款还清。
Where did you pick up your Russian?
你的俄语在哪儿学的?
Pick me up at the hotel.
到旅馆来接我。
I ran across him yesterday.
昨天我碰见他了。
If you run after two hares, you will catch neither.
(谚语)同时追两兔,全都抓不住。
Don't run away; I've something to say to you.
别跑(走)开,我有话和你说。
He ran away from home and got a job in a garage.
他逃离了家,在一家车库找到份工作。
He wants to run for governor.
他想竞选州长。
I ran into him now and then.
我不时遇到他。
She had run into financial difficulties.
她遇到了经济上的困难。
All our supply of food has run out.
我们的食品全吃光了。
We ran out of petrol yesterday.
昨天我们的汽油用完了。
The water ran over the edge of the jug.
水从杯口溢了出来。
Run through this article and tell me what you think of it.
把这篇文章快速浏览一遍,然后告诉我你的看法。
The book runs to about 300 pages.
这本书约有300页。
Bad news sent market prices down.
坏消息使市场价格下降。
Have you sent for the doctor?
你派人去请医生了吗?
If you want a visa, be sure to send in your application in good time.
你如果想要签证,一定要及时把申请寄过去。
Why haven't you got my letter? I sent it off last week.
你为什么还没收到我的信?我是上星期寄出的。
I'll send on any letters that come for you.
我将把所有给你的信转给你。
Some stars send out vast quantities of radiation.
有些星星散发出大量的辐射。
Any increase in production costs is bound to send up prices.
任何生产成本的增加一定会使价格上涨。
I don't know how to set about it.
我不知道怎么着手办这事。
Set down your heavy bags and take a rest.
把你沉重的行李放下休息一会儿。
He tries to set his ideas down.
他试图把他的想法写下来。
Winter set in early.
冬天早早来临了。
Then we shall set off together.
然后我们一道出发。
They set out as the sun was rising.
日出时分他们出发了。
They set out all their reasons.
他们列举了种种理由。
They set up a First Aid Post on the beach.
他们在海滩建立了一个急救站。
He set up a new record for the 1000 meters.
他创造了一千米赛跑的新记录。
I shall be delighted to show you around the place.
我将很高兴带你到处看看。
They only wanted to show off their dresses.
他们只是想展示他们的服装。
She loves showing off.
她喜欢卖弄。
He was invited, but didn't show up.
他受到邀请,但没有来。
She waits on her husband from morning till night.
她从早到晚伺候丈夫。


类别:默认分类||添加到搜藏 |分享到i贴吧|浏览(578)|评论 (0)
 
最近读者:
 
网友评论:
发表评论:
姓 名:
网址或邮箱: (选填)
内 容:
     

   
帮助中心 | 空间客服 | 投诉中心 | 空间协议
©2012 Baidu