Please bring me up to date.
把最近的情形告诉我。
原句: Please give me the latest information.
You made it again. (You did it again.)
你又得手了。
原句: You succeed again.
You hit the nail on the head.
你真是一言中的。
原句: You are absolutely right.
No dice.
不行。
原句:No way.
He is a nut.
他有点精神病。
原句: He is insane.
Nuts!
胡说!
原句:Nonsense!
It's on the house.
这是免费的。
原句: It's free.
He is an operator. (here it means a thief,a swindler,ect.)
他是一个老滑头。
原句:He is a swindler.
Don't panic.
不要慌啊!
原句:Don't be nervous.
He passed out.
他已经昏倒了!
原句: He fainted.
To me it is just peanuts.
对我来讲,这太不值得了。
原句: It's nothing to me.
He is a phoney.
他是一个骗子。
原句: He is fake.
Pick me up at seven tonight.
今天晚上七点钟你来接我。
原句:Come and get me at seven tonight.
He was put on the spot.
他已经给人打死了。
原句:He was killed.
He puts up a good show.
他的表现很好。
原句:He behaves himself well.
Let's call it quits.
我们算了吧!
原句: Let's forget the whole thing.
He was taken for a ride.
他受骗了。
原句:He was fooled.
Let it ride.
让他去吧!
原句: Keep it as it is.
Time is running out.
时间不多了。
原句: There is not much time.
He got the sack.
他被开除了。
原句:He was fired.
Says who?
谁说的?我不同意。
原句:I don't agree.
Let's have a show down with John.
我们跟约翰摊牌。
原句:Let's tell Tom the truth.
What's up your sleeves?
你变的是什么戏法?
原句: What do you have in mind?
I am only a small potato.
我只是一个小角色。
原句: I'm nobody.
John Lee is a some-body, although be was a nobody two years ago.
李约翰现在已是名人,虽然两年前是默默无闻的.
原句: John Lee is a very important man, although he was a
nobody two years ago.
He is now in the soup.
他现在糟糕了。
原句: He is now in great trouble.
Keep stalling him.
继续拖延他吧。
原句: Keep brushing him off.
Jack was all steamed up.
杰克非常冲动。
原句: Jack was furious.
I'm having a swell time.
我玩得很开心 。
原句:I'm having a wonderful time.
Tell it to the marines.
我不会相信的。
原句:I don't believe.
There you go again.
啊呀!你又来了!
原句:No, not again.
What are you up to?
你又搞什么鬼?
原句: What do you intend to do now?
I'm on the wagon.
我戒酒了。
原句: I quit drinking.
Walls have ears.
隔墙有耳。
原句: Keep your voice down.
Still water runs deep.
大智若愚。
原句:A wise man playing a fool.
回复(31):Actions speak louder than words.事实胜于雄辩
All is not gold that glitters.金玉其外败絮其中
An idle youth, a needy age.少壮不努力,老大徒伤悲
Bitter pills may have wholesome effects.良药苦口
Do wrong once and you'll never hear the end of it.一失足成千古恨
Every cloud has a silver lining.守得云开见月明
Every man has his fault.人孰无过
First come, first served.捷足先登
Haste makes waste.欲达则不达
Honesty is the best policy.诚实至上
In fair weather prepare for foul.未雨绸缪
Let bygones be bygone.既往不究
Look before you leap.三思而后行
Man proposes, God disposes.谋事在人,成事在天
Money talks.金钱万能
No gains without pains.吃得苦中苦方为人上人
Silence is golden.献丑不如藏拙
Speak well of your friend,of your enemy say nothing.隐恶扬善
Take things as they come.逆来顺受
The ear1y bird catches the worm.先到先得
Time and tide wait for no man.岁月不饶人
To count one's chickens before they are hatched.实事求是
To make a mountain out of a mo1ehill.小题大做
Too many cooks spoil tbe broth.人多手脚乱
Well begun is half done.事半功倍
When you are in Rome, do as the Romans do.入乡随俗
Where there is life, there is hope.
留得青山在,不怕没材烧。
回复(34):call (all) the shots---自做决定或随心所欲
I owe you big time---我欠你很多的「人情债」
hang out (one's) shingle---挂牌营业
to get (one's) feet wet (in sth)---初次经验或开始参与
to go to the dogs---心理或精神上的堕落;也可指健康衰弱或败坏
to handle (treat) with kid gloves---为人处事小心谨慎,耐心和气,以免麻烦
May-December Marriage---老少配
I'll break your camera---不上镜
Get away with murder---溜之大吉
fell head over heels in love with ---沉溺情海,爱得晕头转向
They are two peas in a pod---他们像豆荚里的两粒豆子--即形影不离
They only have eyes for each other---男女热恋时目中无人,形影不离
---土匪姐姐 .
回复(35):All good things come to an end---天下无不散的宴席
Worship God every day; not just in times of adversity---平时不烧香,临时抱佛脚
He applied bait-and-switch factics in business---挂羊头,卖狗肉
A word once let go cannot be recalled---一言既出,驷马难追
Careless talk leads to trouble.
The less said the better.
Shut the mouth and open the eyes---祸从口出,言多必失
Many families have skeletons in the closet---家家有本难念的经
回复(43):Are you by yourself? 你一个人来吗?
Don't fall for it! 不要上当!
Give him the works! 给他点教训!
I'll see to it! 我会留意的!
That's always the case! 习以为常了!
You owe me one! 你欠我一个人情
Any day will do? 哪一天都可以?
Are you by yourself? 你一个人来吗?
Believe it or not! 信不信由你!
Better luck next time! 下次会更好!
Boy will be boys 本性难移!
Do you accept plastic? 收不收信用卡?
Does it keep long? 可以保存吗?
Don't be so fussy! 别挑剔了!
Don't count to me! 别指望我!
Don't fall for it! 不要上当!
Don't get me wrong! 你搞错了!
Don't give me that! 少来这套!
Don't lose your head! 别乐昏了头!
Don't stand on ceremony! 别太拘束!
Drop me a line! 要写信给我!
---土匪姐姐 .
回复(44): Easy come easy go! 来得容易去得也快!
Get off my back! 不要嘲笑我!
Give me a break! 饶了我吧!
reat minds think alike! 英雄所见略同!
I'll treat you to lunch. 午餐我请你!
In one ear, out the other ear. 一耳进,一耳出!
I'm spaced-out! 我开小差了!
I couldn't reach him! 我联络不上他!
I cross my heart! 我发誓是真的!
I watch my money! 视财如命!
You make me jump! 你吓了我一跳!
My mouth is watering! 我要流口水了!
Now you are really talking! 说得对!
Please don't rush me! 请不要吹促我!
So far, so good. 过得去。
Stay on the ball! 集中注意力!
That's a touchy issue! 这是个辣手得问题!
That's going too far! 这太离谱了!
That's more like that! 这才象话嘛!
The answer is zero! 白忙了!
The dice is cast! 已成定局了!
---土匪姐姐 .
回复(45):What a let down! 真令人失望!
What do you figure? 你有什么想法?
What's it to you? 这跟你有关吗?
You asked for it! 你自讨苦吃!
You have my word! 我保证!
You set me up! 你出卖我!
You are pulling my leg! 你在开我玩笑吧!
You've got the picture? 你明白了吗?
---土匪姐姐 .
回复(46):继续~~继续~~
你这窝子土匪还全是洋人!!
FT~~~~
---匿名人士94568058 b .
回复(47):run the whole gamut of human experience. ---尝够了人生的甜酸苦辣
run the gamut of ---包罗万象、无所不容
apple of one's eye---掌上明珠,宠物,珍爱物
Throw away the apple because of the core. ---因噎废食。
as like as an apple to an oyster ---毫无相同之处
bad apple,rotten apple --(美俚)坏家伙
polish the apple---(美俚)拍马屁, 讨好
upset sb.'s apple cart ---破坏某人计划
The rotten apple injures its neighbours. ---一只烂, 烂一筐; 一个坏朋友可以影响一群好人。
---土匪姐姐 .
回复(48):形容人“蠢”“笨”的几个单词
stupid-形容词-愚蠢的
fool-名词-愚人, 白痴, 莽汉, 受骗者
dumb-名词-俚语:笨蛋
idiot-名词-白痴, 愚人, 傻瓜
jerk-名词-俚语:笨蛋
thickheaded-形容词-笨的, 愚蠢的
slob-名词-口语:懒汉, 粗俗汉, 笨蛋
clumsy-形容词-笨拙的
---土匪姐姐 .
回复(49):土匪姐姐,寄给我一份吧
lily@kikixu.com
---一杯白开水 .
回复(50):fall guy ---替罪羊=scapegoae
take the rap---背黑锅
feet of clay=Achilles’ heel
Don't / Never look a gift horse in the mouth---不要对别人送给的礼品过于挑剔
red-letter day---重要的日子,值得纪念的特别节日,至于日历上的是不是红色已经并不重要
---土匪姐姐 .
回复(51):He is a lucky dog. 他是个幸运儿。
lead a dog's life 过穷困潦倒的日子
not have a dog's chance 毫无机会
top dog 当权派;头儿
treat sb. like a dog 不把某人当人看
a lazy dog 懒汉
a gay dog 一个快乐的人
a dirty dog 下流坯
dog-days n.[pl.]三伏天, 大热天; 无所作为的时期, 无精打彩的日子
A good dog deserves a good bone.
[谚]好狗应该啃好骨头, 有功者受赏。
A living dog is better than a dead lion.
[谚]死狮不如活狗。
A staff [stick] is quickly [soon] found to beat a dog with.---[谚]欲加之罪, 何患无辞。
An old dog barks not in vain.---[谚]老狗不乱吠; 老狗 一吠, 就得小心。
An old dog will learn no new tricks. (=You cannot teach old dogs new tricks.)
[谚]老狗学不了新把戏; 老年人很难适应新事物。
as [like] a dog with two tails
非常开心[高兴]
Barking dogs seldom bite.
[谚]爱叫的狗 不咬人; 咬人的狗不露齿。
be (old) dog at (a thing)
对...有经验; 对...很内行
Beware of a silent dog and still water.
[谚]提防不吠的狗, 小心 静止的水。
come like a dog at a whistle
一呼即来
Every dog has his day.---凡人皆有得意日。
Every dog is a lion at home. [Every dog is valiant at his own door.]
[谚]狗是百步王, 只在门前凶。
Fight dog, fight bear.
[谚]打个青红皂白, 一决雌雄。
Give a dog a bad [an ill] name(and hang him).
[谚]一旦给人加一个坏名声, 他就永远洗刷不掉; 人言可畏。
It is ill to waken sleeping dogs. [let sleeping dogs lie; don't wake a sleeping dog.]
别多事, 别惹麻烦。
Scornful[Hungry] dogs will eat dirty puddings.
[谚]人到危急时, 平时所不屑做的也要做; 急不暇择, 饥不择食。
teach an old dog new tricks
使守旧的人接受新事物
teach the dog to bark
教狗怎么叫(意指多此一举)
The dog returns to his vomit.
狗回头吃自己吐出来的东西; 重犯旧日罪恶。
---土匪姐姐 .
1. BEAUTY SALON / BARBER SHOP 美容院/理发
1 Do you do hair coloring?
你们做染发吗?
2 I’d like a haircut, please.
麻烦你,我想理发。
3 Please don't cut it too short.
不要剪得太短了。
4 Just a little off all over/the top/the sides.
都/顶上/两边稍微短一点。
5 I think it looks great, thank you.
我觉得它看起来不错, 谢谢!
2. MOVIES 看电影
6 The movie was a smash.
这个电影很过瘾。
7 What a lousy film.
这部电影太糟糕了
8 I'm a movie junkie.
我看电影有瘾。
9 Let's go catch a flick.
我们去看场电影吧。
10 The movie was a box office success.
这电影的票房很成功。
3. Nightlife 晚间消遣
11 Hey, let’s go out and have fun tonight.
嘿,咱们今晚出去玩儿吧
12 There are a lot of hot chicks / studs in here tonight.
这儿今晚有很多漂亮姑娘/小伙。
13 This place really sucks. I want to go somewhere else.
这地方真差。我想到别处去。
14 Where’s the best spot in town to hang out at?
城里出去玩儿最好的地方在哪儿?
15 Let's go out and get crazy tonight.
今晚咱们出去疯玩一场吧
4. Party time 娱乐时间
16 Let's play some drinking games.
咱们去划拳吧。
17 I need to take a break from studying. Let's get drunk.
我不学习了,得休息一会儿。咱们一醉方休吧。
18 Let's hit the bars.
咱们一个酒吧接一个酒吧地喝酒吧。
5. Extra-curricular 课外活动
19 My girlfriend’s a cheerleader.
我女朋友是啦啦队队长。
20 I have no time for extra-curricular activities.
我可没时间参加课外活动。
21 I’m in the school choir.
我是校合唱队的成员。
6. Gambling 赌博
22 I feel lucky today/tonight.
今天/今晚我觉得很幸运。
23 Never gamble if you can't afford to lose.
如果你输不起的话,永远不要赌博。
24 Bet the farm!
全赌上!
25 I should have quit while I was ahead.
我应该见好就收。
26 I lost it all.
我全输了
7. BARGAIN HUNTING寻找打折信息
27 This is a good deal: buy 1, get 1 free.
这可是个好买卖:买一送一。
28 That’s too rich for my blood.
对我来说太贵了。
29 What’s your best offer?
你最多能出多少钱?
30 Where’s the nearest flea market?
最近的跳蚤市场在哪儿?
8. BARGAINING 讨价还价
31 Can you give me a little deal on this?
这能卖得便宜一点吗?
32 Hey, don't try to rip me off. I know what this is worth.
别想宰我,我识货。
33 If you don't give me a better price, I won't buy this.
如果价格不更优惠些,我是不会买的。
34 Come on; give me a break on this.
别这样,你就让点儿价吧。
9. WESTERN FOOD西方菜肴
35 I love mashed potatoes, and also boiled, baked,
scalloped or fried.
我很喜欢吃土豆泥,还喜欢煮土豆、烤土豆和炸土豆
36 Eating salad is good for your health.
多吃色拉(蔬菜)对你的健康有益。
37 I think I’ll have a couple of slices of vegetarian pizza.
我想我要几块素比萨饼
38 T-bone steak is a very popular cut.
T型的肉排非常受欢迎。
10. HUNGER AND APPETITE 饥饿与胃口
39 I’m so hungry, I could eat a horse.
我饿得能吃下一匹马!
40 I’m starving to death.
我饿得快要死了!
41 Even when I have a cold, I still have a good appetite.
我就是感冒了,胃口也照样很好!
42 I’m so full, I could burst.
我吃得要撑死了!
43 I made a pig of myself.
我吃得像一头猪!
11. MEAL ETIQUETTE用餐礼节
44 Everybody help yourselves.
大家请便吧。
45 This is wonderful, you're a great cook.
太好吃了,你真是个好厨师。
46 Don't talk with your mouth full.
嘴里满是东西时别说话。
47 Do you mind if I smoke?
我抽烟你介意吗?
12.Love feelings 受罗曼谛克
48 I fell in love with him at first sight.
我对他一见钟情。
49 He/She is the man/woman of my dreams.
他/她是我的梦中情人。
13. FEELINGS / EMOTIONS 情感世界
50 I recently broke up with my boyfriend. I was
really bummed out.
近来我和男朋友分手了。我真沮丧。
51 My boyfriend/girlfriend really makes me furious
sometimes.
我的男朋友/女朋友有时候真让我窝火。
52 Today I ‘m very happy, because I found a new boyfriend.
今天我很高兴,因为我又找了个新男朋友。
53 I’ve nothing to do now, so I feel very bored.
我现在无事可做,感觉很无聊。
14. Playboys / Playgirls 好寻乐得男子/女子
54 He’s always been a real playboy.
他就是个花花公子。
55 She likes to play around.
她用情不专。
15. ASKING FOR A DATE 约会(动词)
56 I’d like to treat you to dinner and a movie.
我想请你吃饭和看一场电影。
57 No thanks. Maybe some other time.
不用了,谢谢。也许下次吧。
16. DATE CONVERSATION 约会时的谈话
58. Tell me all about yourself.
告诉我关于你的一切。
59. What are your hobbies?
你有那些爱好?
60. Where did you go to school?
你在哪儿上学?
61. What do you think of this place?
你觉得这个地方怎么样?
62. Thank you for coming out with me. I had a very
nice time.
谢谢你陪我出来。我过得很愉快。
63. I would like to see you again.
希望再次见到你。
17. BUSY DAY 忙碌的一天
64. It's been an extremely hectic day.
今天忙的乱七八糟。
65. I had a million things to do today.
我今天有成千上万的事要做。
18. PROMOTION / TRANSFER 晋升
66. He’s going up the ladder pretty quickly.
他真是平步青云。
67. She’s moving up the ranks one step at a time.
他一步一步的向上爬。
19. Exams 考试
68. I have to cram all night for tomorrow’s exams.
为了明天的考试,我得熬夜临阵磨枪。
69. I hear the exams will be very tough.
我听说考试挺难的。
70. I heard you cheated on your exams.
我听说你考试作弊了。
20. weight concerns体重问题
71. Your boyfriend’s a bag of bones.
你男朋友瘦得皮包骨的
72. She would be pretty if she weren’t so fat.
她要是不那么胖,还挺漂亮的呢。
73. keep getting fatter and fatter.
你一天比一天胖。
21. EXERCISE体育锻炼
74. I work out because woman love buff men.
我锻炼身体是因为女人喜欢看起来健康的男人
75. Weight training makes me feel good.
举重训练使我感觉不错。
22. HEALTH KICK健康问题
76. I'm as healthy as a horse.
我像马驹一样健康。
77. I'm as strong as an ox.
我像牛一样壮。
78. My doctor says I could live to be 100.
我的医生说我能活到100岁。
79. I'm in the best shape of my life.
我现在身体很好。
23. SMOKING 抽烟
80. Smoking makes your teeth yellow and ugly.
吸烟让你的牙齿变得又黄又丑。
81. People who don't smoke think cigarettes stink.
不吸烟的人认为烟卷味道很差。
82. Kissing someone that smokes is like kissing an ashtray.
吻一个烟民就想吻一个烟灰缸
24. FAMILIAR STRANGER 似曾相识的陌生人
83. You look very familiar. Have we been introduced before?
你看起来很面熟,我们以前互相介绍认识过吗?
84. Didn't we go to school together?
我们以前在一起上过学吗?
25. GREETINGS 打个招呼
85. Hello, I’m glad to meet you. I’ve heard so much about you.
你好, 很高兴见到你。 久仰, 久仰。
86. Hello, nice to meet you. By the way, nice shoes you have.
你好,很高兴见到你。顺便提一下,你的鞋
子很漂亮。
26. THANKS / REPLY表达谢意/接受谢意
87. I can't thank you enough.
怎样谢你都不过分
88. Forget it.
不足挂齿。
27. WHAT’S WRONG? 出了什么问题
89. What's eating you?
什么正影响着你的情绪呢?
90. Why are you crying?
你为什么哭?
91. What are you so upset about?
什么使你如此难过。
28.WEATHER 天气
92. It’s raining cats and dogs.
真是大雨倾盆。
93. The snow’s really coming down.
雪下的真是大。
94. The wind’s really howling today.
今天风刮的真凶。
95. It’s bright and clear today.
今天天气晴空万里。
29. Robbery / Fraud 抢劫/诈骗
96. The thieves stole all my money.
小偷偷了我所有的钱。
97. They really cleaned me out.
他们把我洗劫一空。
98. The scam they were running left many people penniless.
他们的这场骗局让人们分文不剩。
99. They defrauded the bank of $200,000.
他们从银行骗了20万美元。
100. They robbed me blind.
他们把我抢空了。