我小时候 老想成为别人
When I was young, I wanted to be anybody but myself.
伯纳德·哈泽哈佛医生说
Dr Bernard Hazelhof said
如果孤身一人在荒岛上
if I was on a desert island
就一定得习惯和自己做伴了
then I would have to get used to my own company
只有我 还有椰子
just me and the coconuts.
他说我必须接受自己的全部 包括缺点
He said I would have to accept myself, my warts and all,
人没办法选择缺点
and that we don't get to choose our warts.
它们是我们的一部分
They are a part of us and we have to live with them.
但是 我们可以选择自己的朋友
We can, however, choose our friends
选择了你 我很高兴
and I am glad I have chosen you.
伯纳德·哈泽哈佛医生还说
Dr Bernard Hazelhof also said
每个人的人生都像是一条冗长的小道
that everyone's lives are like a very long sidewalk.
有些铺垫得很完美 有些则像我的
Some are well paved. Others, like mine,
有垃圾 香蕉皮 和烟头
have cracks, banana skins and cigarette butts.
你的小道和我的很像 不过应该没有那么多垃圾
Your sidewalk is like mine but probably not as many cracks.
希望 有朝一日我们的小道会相交
Hopefully, one day our sidewalks will meet
然后我们可以一起分享一罐炼乳
and we can share a can of condensed milk.
你是我最好的朋友 你是我唯一的朋友
You are my best friend. You are my only friend.
-<Mary & Max>
Based on a true story
-