文章列表
 
您正在查看 "Writing Practice" 分类下的文章

2008-01-08 1:02

Midnight, not a sound from the pavement
午夜,冷冷清清的街道,
Has the moon lost her memory
月儿独自微笑
She is smiling alone
记忆可曾残破

In the lamplight
灯火摇曳
The withered leaves collect at my feet
满地枯叶堆积脚下
And the wind begins to moan
风儿阵阵,为谁哀悼

Memory, all alone in the moonlight
回忆,只有月光来凭吊

I can smile at the old days
那时风华正茂
I was beautiful then
如今残阳夕照
I remember the time I knew what happiness was
曾几何时,幸福的味道将我萦绕
Let the memory live again
往事如烟,幕幕再现

Every street lamp
街灯盏盏
Seems to beat
向谁警告
A fatalistic warning
那宿命的预兆
Someone mutters
谁在低语
And a street lamp gutters
灯火飘摇
And soon it will be morning
转眼间又一个清早

Daylight
曙光
I must wait for the sunrise
托着火红的朝阳
I must think of a new life
那是新生的光芒
And I mustn't give in
莫向命运投降
When the dawn comes
待到拂晓
Tonight will be a memory too
今夜化作回忆的泡沫
And a new day will begin
新的一天来到

Burnt out ends of smoky days
落魄时日,阴霾密布

The stale, cold smell of morning
湿冷的霉气弥漫清晨
The street lamp dies
灯火渐熄
Another night is over
挥别一夜过去
Another day is dawning
迎来新的黎明

Touch me, it's so easy to leave me
靠近我,不要再将我抛却
All alone with the memory of my days in the sun
不要昔日的辉煌,当作惟一的守候。

If you touch me
如果靠近我
You'll understand what happiness is
幸福的意义你将明了
Look! A new day has begun
看吧,天边已破晓。(修改完毕)

 
2007-11-19 17:30

It has been a long time since I was crazy about musicals last time. I had even for a time thought I didn't need musicals any more until the day before yesterday when I was magically enchanted by JCS for the second time. I was almost stuck to the screen watching the part of Pilate's dream, that dreamy, sad melody, first sung by Jesus, then by Pilate, filled my heart with joy. Then I knew I can't do without musicals. Waching and enjoying it is the way I am. It is the largest source of my passion and vitality. How could I be so sinful in abandoning it for three months! What a horrible time I have had during that time! The saddist thing is I was doing terrible when I didn't know the reason.

I fell hopelessly in love with my musicals again. Then I found thing changed overnight. The passion brought about by musicals cheers me up not a little. I get excited about my job again. I step on the platform in high spirits, I talk away in class, eager to let students know everything I know, I cite and quote frequently from all kinds of interesting materials, from literatre to musicals, from soap operas to best-sellers. I regain my humor miraculousy given that I didn't know how to be humorous in the past three months. Humor does have everything to do with spirits. High spirits and positive outlook produce humor ceaselessly. My students are infected with my passion, with their eyes full of aspiration for knowledge. What a wonderful interaction! I'm sorry for having once demeaning teaching in such a merciless way. Then I was off the track.

I'm happy to be on the track again. Thank you, musicals! Never will I leave you.

 
2007-10-06 19:00

Teaching, the job I used to enjoy so much, is now a mere torture. It is the politician's lie to elevate teachers as the engineers of human soul. Actually, a teacher on campus is at the bottom of his community.   Above him is a faction of administrative staffs who shows unconsciously a sense of superiority; beneath him is a mob of students who act respectful only for the sake of their academic marks. They stop recognizing you once you are no longer his teacher. Above all,   It is becoming growingly meaningless to mix all day with those creatures of lower minds and less sense. I'm fed up with being trapped in the tangle with them. Even when they approve of my performance and show respect to me, I find no fulfillment in Preaching everyday to my insensitive Flock, because the return is far from worth the pain, emotionally as well as physically.

That's very negative of me to be so whinny. A job is no more than a bread-earning means. I should know better than to ask much of it. It makes sense to never give a damn to whether you enjoy the job or not. But, Lord, why is life so opposite to what I want it to be? Nothing could be further from what I wish for it.

 
2007-06-18 1:56

当花痴到山穷水尽再没有表现手法时只好把这首最心爱的歌翻成中文。

9.The Point of No Return  

《不归路》


PHANTOM (魅影):
Passarino - go away!  

帕瑟里诺,退下!
For the trap is set and waits for its prey!  
陷阱已布好,只等猎物上门!


You have come here in pursuit of  

你终于到来,顺从
your deepest urge,  

你最深切的欲望;
in pursuit of that wish,  

追随你最隐秘的渴求,
which till now has been silent,  

那渴求一直沉寂、
silent ...  

沉寂

I have brought you,  

我带你来到这里,
that our passions may fuse and merge -  

我们的热情或许融合不分;
in your mind you've already succumbed to me,  

你内心早已臣服于我——
dropped all defenses,  

放下所有戒备,
completely succumbed to me –

彻底臣服于我;
now you are here with me:  

此刻你在我身边,
no second thoughts,

别无他念,

you've decided,

你已决择、
decided ...  
决择…


Past the point of no return -  

一同踏上不归路,

no backward glances:

无法回头,
Our games of make-believe are at an end ...  

一切伪装做戏到此结束;
Past all thought of "if" or "when" -  

毋需假设毋需推延,
no use resisting:  

抗拒也是徒然
abandon thought, and let the dream descend ...  

抛开杂念让梦境降临:
What raging fire shall flood the soul?  

任烈火吞没灵魂,
What rich desire unlocks its door?  

任欲念冲破闸门
What sweet seduction lies before us...?  
何等甜蜜的诱惑在前方召唤…

Past the point of no return,  

一同踏上不归路,
the final threshold –

越过最终的门槛;
what warm, unspoken secrets will we learn?  

怎样温存无言的奥秘即将揭晓
Beyond the point of no return ...  
——在不归路的那一头?

CHRISTINE(克里斯汀):
You have brought me to that moment  

到此时此景
when words run dry,  

文字干涸无力、难以言喻,
to that moment when speech disappears into silence,  

言语枉然多余、归于沉寂

silence ...  
沉寂


I have come here,  

我来到这里,
hardly knowing the reason why ...  

情不自禁、不明所以

In my mind, I've already  

脑海中已在想象:
imagined our bodies entwining, defenseless and silent -  

我们的身体纠结缠绵、不发一言
and now I am here with you:  

此刻在你身畔
no second thoughts, I've decided,  

别无他念,我已决定
decided ..  
决定

Past the point of no return -  

一同踏上不归路,
no going back now:

不再回头,

our passion-play has now at last begun ...

我们的激情剧终于上演

Past all thought of right or wrong -  

抛开顾虑不问对错,
one final question:

只想知道
how long should we two wait, before we're one...?  
还要等多久你我才能结合?
When will the blood begin to race,

何时热血开始沸腾、
the sleeping bud bursts into bloom?  

沉睡的花蕾开始绽放、
When will the flames, at last, consume us...?  
爱欲的火焰将你我焚灭?

BOTH (合唱):

Past the point of no return,  

一同踏上不归路,
the final threshold -  

越过最终的门槛
the bridge is crossed, so stand and watch it burn ...  

跨过独木桥看着它燃烧,
We've passed the point of no return ...  
没有退路、永不回头…

PHANTOM (魅影):
Say you'll share with me one  

说你愿同我分享真爱、
love, one lifetime ...

一生一世,
Lead me, save me from my solitude ...

指引我、拯救我走出孤独…
Say you want me with you,  

说你愿与我相伴、

here beside you ...

每分每秒,
Anywhere you go let me go too –

无论去往何方,让我跟随左右——
Christine, that's all I ask of ...

克里斯汀,除此我别无所——

 
2007-05-29 11:36

Be through with all these fanatical infatuations! I have strayed further and further from the right path since my capture by The Phantom of the Opera on April 7, 2006, the very day I once remembered with    gratitude, now I curse! From then on, I have abandoned myself to fantasies to the point of being unconcerned with the reality. My visionary propensity which was once subdued by the reality now gains rebirth from the magic of the musicals. The darker side in me now emerges and gets the upper hand over sense and reason.

It is no fault of the musicals. What an amazing stuff the musical itself isNever has the sensory pleasure of the music and the catharsis power of the drama been combined in such a perfect way as in the musicals. I love musicals, even when I'm saying good-bye to it now.

I'm a definite loser in balancing and compromising between dream and reality. Yes, "I live as I never lived before" in the world of musicals,           I take so much delight in the sweet intoxication of the musicals, yet, it is driving me out of my head. I forget another world for me to actually live in, to fulfill various duties and perform diverse roles.           Even when I am aware of all these obligations, it seems that I don't trouble myself to do anything since I care little about it, since I live with passion in the visionary world of the musicals. I become the Hamlet type with no action. F praised me for being gentle and tolerant, being detached about conflicts of interest; I blush at these undeserved favorable words, since I know so well I act aloof for no other reason than that I don’t care about the real world. This passivity and indifference towards reality is something dangerous, abnormal and deviant, something to be ashamed of.

For a person of a visionary and passionate nature like me, the musical is sot of a drug which is consuming my life force with its toxicant magic. Now it is high time to quit this drug and take an active part in life.  

 
2006-12-25 16:55

I was having supper when I received a message from my roommate S which goes as follows:" he called me this afternoon. Haha! " I chuckled, happy for her decisive victory over his boyfriend in this cold war which lasts for almost a week. I've been a lucky eye-witness of the war who would report with readiness the woman worrior's mental journey.

The first day, she quarreled violently with her bf over the phone. That's the beginning of the war.

The second day, she declared indignantly that she would ignore him unless paid an apologetic call. No call from him yet. So she began the fulfilment of her promise.

The third day, she cited to me numerous facts of his bad deeds. I poured my sympathy on my fellow woman for her years' misery.

The fourth day, she seems to forget his presence. While we studied in   the classroom, she frequently examined her cellphone.  

The fifth day, she began to recount the sweet old days between her and him. I said to myself, “Caprice, thy name is woman!”

The sixth day, she discussed with me how she would get on with him when reconciled. During this ambitious blueprint of their future, she broke off twice with the question "Wouldn't he call me, would he?" I assured her that he would.

The seventh day, I was informed triumphantly by her that he called him. That's the end of the war.

I, the impersonal onlooker, also take a lesson from this Holy War, that is, whenever your friend complain to you of her lover's outrageous deeds, never, never and   never take her side in taking it seriously.

 
2006-12-21 0:22

Of all the human weaknesses, jealousy is the one that abhors me most. It steals one's balance, narrows one's mind and poisons human relationships. It is evil's evil of Pandora's box! 

It is natural that we would lose the balance for a moment at thegood news of others, but if that lasts for only a second, then you feel happy for others' good luck, admire him for his excellence and view it as a spur for your own progress,  you belong to the broad-minded. Let's see how jealous people respond in such situations.

His/her face fell; he/she said in a low voice that you are a lucky one; when she said, she avoided your eyes; then, whatever you talked with him/her, she showed little interest and gave the briefest response.  She was consumed with jealousy to the point of displaying no trace of propriety. After all, If that's the maximum power of jealousy, ok, let's dismiss it, after all, it does no essential harm.

Unfortunately, jealousy exercises its power more than this blatant expression of displeasure, that's what awes us most. The jealous one would  speak unfavorably of you behind your back. She didn't do it by design, yet any word she says of you takes the effect of ruining your reputation. You are degraded unawarely by an enemy named jealousy.

In my opinion, jealousy originates from lack of self-assurance and is fueled by narrowness in mind. If you have enough confidence, you needn't hate others for their excellence in certain fields, for you have your strenth in other aspects. if we could appreciate the merits in one another, what's the point of this despicable jealousy?

 
 
   
 
 
文章分类
 
   
 
文章存档
 
     
 
最新文章评论
  

哇呀呀,飘落的紫菀 你竟然叫这个名字,你知道吗我的QQ名就是紫菀,这也太巧了吧。
 

我一直喜欢着呢,十几年了UNCLE RAIN 一直在我心中,当然前提是温兆伦演的,我很难想
 

呵呵,你迷恋过的人物都很怀旧啊 我们很相似呢。我最初被你空间的名字所吸引,因为我
 

梨花,童自荣主要是给九十年代的西方译制片配音,比如《佐罗》、《茜茜公主》的很有
 

记得他不屑于接受城户家的什么恩惠,不为五斗米折腰, 记得他不屑于跟他们争夺黄金圣
   
帮助中心 | 空间客服 | 投诉中心 | 空间协议
©2012 Baidu