查看文章
 
奥运英语
2008年08月30日 星期六 下午 1:44

Snacks    小吃
Daniel: Girls always like these Japanese-style hair clips.
丹尼尔:女孩子都喜欢这些日本风格的发夹。

May: They are cute, most importantly, inexpensive.
阿美:它们很可爱,最重要的是很便宜。

Daniel: Anyway, I need to get myself some late supper. I'm starving.
丹尼尔:不管怎样,我很饿,我要去吃点夜宵。

May: How about “stinky tofu”?
阿美:臭豆腐怎么样?

Daniel: Stinky tofu? What's that? It sounds strange.
丹尼尔:臭豆腐?是什么东西啊?听起来怪怪的。

May: It's a famous Hunan snack. And it's very popular in Beijing. Would you like to have a try?
阿美:它是一种湖南的小吃,而且它在北京非常流行。你要试试吗?

Daniel: I'll think about it. Anything else?
丹尼尔:我考虑一下,那还有些什么呢?

May: Grilled corn, glutinous dumplings, fried peanuts, and bean curd jelly. Good enough?
阿美:烤玉米、汤圆、炸花生和豆腐脑。够多了吧?

Daniel: I prefer fried peanuts. I like peanuts very much. By the way, is that healthy? Mom always tells us not to eat outside, because they often use the recycled oil.

丹尼尔:我选择炸花生。我非常喜欢吃花生。对了,那卫生吗?**经常告诉我们不要在外面吃东西,因为他们经常用那种循环使用的油。

May: Don't consider too much about it. You said you were very hungry, so you can't do anything else but to eat.
阿美:别想太多了,你说你非常饿,那你就别无选择,只有吃了。

Daniel: I prefer not. I'll eat when I'm back home. By the way, do all the stinky tofu vendors come from Hunan?
丹尼尔:算了,我还是回家吃吧。对了,那些卖臭豆腐的商贩都是从湖南来的吗?

May: Not exactly. Actually, people learn the making process from the native residents.
阿美:不一定。事实上,人们从本地居民那里学到了制作方法。

Daniel: Got it. Are there any other regional snacks here?
丹尼尔:我知道了。那这儿还有其他地方小吃吗?

May: Of course. For example, Sichuan, Fujian, Guangzhou. Their snacks are also very famous.
阿美:当然有啊。比如说这儿有来自四川、福建、广州的小吃。这些也非常有名。

Daniel: Are there any Beijing snacks?
丹尼尔:那有北京小吃吗?

May: Of course. Look, it is over there.
阿美:当然有啊。看,那边就有一个。

I'm sure the Games will be really successful 我肯定奥运会将取得巨大的成功
A I'm very impressed with all the preparations for the Olympics.
A 中国对奥运会所做的种种准备给我留下了深刻的印象。
  
B So am I. New roads, new metro lines, new sports centres - there's so much going on.
B 我也是。 新的道路,新的地铁线路,新的运动中心——这么多的事情都在进行当中。
  
A I'm sure the Games will be really successful.
A 我肯定奥运会将取得巨大的成功。
  
B Me too. The organisation is excellent.
B 我也这样想。奥运会的组织工作非常出色。
  
A It’s really changing the whole face of Beijing.
A 北京的整个面貌都焕然一新。

The Palace Museum 故宫博物馆
Laura: Uncle Ben, how did the Forbidden City get this name?
罗拉:本叔叔,紫禁城这个名字是怎么来的啊?

Benjamin: Well, in the feudal society, emperors had supreme power, so his residence was certainly a forbidden palace.
本杰明:这个嘛,在封建社会,帝王拥有至高无上的权利,那他的住处当然是禁地啦。

Laura: His residence? You mean the whole palace?
罗拉:他的住所?你是说这整个宫殿吗?

Benjamin: Yes. The Forbidden City is divided into two parts. The southern section, or the Outer Court was for the emperor to exercise his power over the nation, and the northern part, or the Inner Court was for his royal family.
本杰明:是的。紫禁城分为两个部分。南部,或者叫外院是皇帝实施权力管理国家的地方,北部,或者叫内院是皇室的住所。

Laura: Oh, unbelievable. This was too luxurious.
罗拉:哦,真难以置信,好奢华啊。

Benjamin: Even the whole country belonged to him. That's why he is called the emperor.
本杰明:甚至连整个国家都是属于他的。这就是为什么他被称为皇帝啊。

Laura: OK, then. I love these unique structured towers with the delicate carvings on them. It's really artistic.
罗拉:好吧,嗯,我喜欢这些造型别致的塔,它们上面有很多精致的雕刻。真是艺术啊。

Benjamin: Yeah, the buildings and designs of the Forbidden City are the peak of Chinese traditional architecture, not only scientific but also suitable for living.
本杰明:是啊。紫禁城的建筑和设计达到了中国传统建筑的顶峰,不仅科学而且很适合居住。

Laura: I agree. It's definitely a product of wisdom. Well, why were those small animal sculptures placed on the tops of the buildings?
罗拉:我同意。它真是智慧的成果。还有,为什么把那些小动物的雕塑放在建筑物顶部呢?

Benjamin: Some of them are mascots and some are symbols of power.
本杰明:有一些是吉祥物,还有一些则是权势的象征。

Laura: Why are there so many yellow things? Is yellow the lucky color in China?
罗拉:为什么这里有这么多黄色的东西啊?在中国黄色是幸运的颜色吗?

Benjamin: Oh, no. In fact, yellow is the symbol of the royal family.
本杰明:哦,不是的。实际上,黄色是皇族的象征。

Laura: Just like the pattern dragon, right?
罗拉:就像是龙的图案,对吗?

Benjamin: Exactly. Here is the Nine-dragon Screen.
本杰明:没错。这个是九龙壁。

Laura: Oh, it's really fabulous. I wanna take a picture here.
罗拉:哦,它真漂亮啊。我要在这里照一张照片。

Benjamin: Sure, this will be a really good picture.
本杰明:可以,一定会是一张很棒的照片。

Winter Olympics 冬奥会
Daniel: Do you like watching the Winter Olympic Games?
丹尼尔:你喜欢看冬季奥林匹克运动会的比赛吗?

Adam: Of course. It's the tradition game in winter, and with good reason. Don't you like watching it?
亚当:当然了。这可是冬天的传统活动,是合乎情理的。你难道不喜欢吗?

Daniel: Of course I do. I love it. All the games are exciting and the competitors are respectable.
丹尼尔:当然喜欢。我特别喜欢。所有的比赛都很刺激,选手们也很值得尊敬。

Adam: That's true. For various reasons, it takes more to hold a fierce game for Winter Olympics than it does for Summer Olympics. You know, the low temperature may cause many problems.
亚当:那是当然的。冬季奥运会如想举办的精彩要比夏季奥运会难得多。有各种各样的条件制约。你知道,低温会引起很多问题。

Daniel: Yeah. What's the difference between the Winter Olympics and the Summer Olympics?
丹尼尔:是啊。冬季奥运会和夏季奥运会有什么区别呢?

Adam: When the Olympic Games started in modern times, only summer events were included. When it grew popular, there came the Winter Olympic Games, which includes a variety of winter sports.
亚当:现代奥运会开始时只包含夏季项目。当它开始流行后,才出现了包含各种冬季运动项目的冬季奥运会。

Daniel: I see. Then, what's your favorite winter sport?
丹尼尔:我知道了。那么,你最喜欢的冬季运动是什么?

Adam: Figure skating. In my eye, nothing beats it.
亚当:花样滑冰。在我看来,没什么比它更有意思。

Daniel: Then you must know Shen Xue and Zhao Hongbo.
丹尼尔:那你一定知道申雪和赵宏博了。

Adam: Oh, I didn't expect you to know them. But yes, I love them not only because of many medals they've won, but also because of many medals they've won, but also because of their spirits.
亚当:哦,我没想到你竟然知道他们。但是,是的,我喜欢他们不光是因为他们得了很多奖牌,也因为他们的精神。

Daniel: You should go to talk with May. She is a big fan of them too.
丹尼尔:你应该去跟阿美谈谈。她也是他们的超级粉丝

Adam: Sure. What about you? What do you like about the Olympics?
亚当:好啊。那你呢?你喜欢奥运会的什么项目呢?

Daniel: For me, the Olympics for the disabled always catches my heart. It makes me understand that perseverance. makes the impossible possible.
丹尼尔:对我来说,残疾人奥运会总是令我很感动。它让我懂得毅力可以把不可能变成可能。

Adam: Hey, young man, you are so deep today.
亚当:嗨,年轻人,你今天很深沉啊。

Daniel: I always am. You just didn't notice.
丹尼尔:我一直都是啊,只是你没发现而已。


类别:总结||添加到搜藏 |分享到i贴吧|浏览(153)|评论 (0)
 
最近读者:
 
网友评论:
发表评论:
姓 名:
网址或邮箱: (选填)
内 容:
     

   
帮助中心 | 空间客服 | 投诉中心 | 空间协议
©2012 Baidu